Church of Sweden is part of the worldwide community of churches, which is the very foundation of Church of Sweden’s international involvement.
We work together for theological reflection, Christian unity and interfaith understanding, and a mutual sharing of faith and life.
We do this through:
- support for theological education and reflection.
- general grants to partner churches to strengthen them in their capacity to function as churches in their communities.
- a mutual youth exchange programme (in Swedish) with partner churches in Brazil, Costa Rica, the Philippines, Southern Africa and Tanzania.
- conversations about human sexuality together with partner churches.
- support to regional and national ecumenical councils to strengthen the collective voice of the churches and, together with the churches, to work for peace, reconciliation and advocacy.
- relationships with other churches at the diocese and parish levels. For parishes or dioceses in Church of Sweden, having a twin relation in another part of the world is a source of mutual exchange and learning.