1. GÅRDSJÖ SÅG, Gårdsjö, Gullspång municipality (58.8465/14.3487). 3 ha. An old industrial area with the remains of a saw mill, power station, peat works etc. Directions: Drive route E20 north for 3 km from Hova, take a right towards Gårdsjö. Drive through the hamlet towards Åsebol, circa 2.5 km to a smaller, red-painted garage just by the side of the road on the right, and you are there.
2. TJÄDERÅSEN, Torsö, Mariestad municipality (58.7952/13.7478). 15.5 ha. An old coniferous forest with swaths of lichen ground and marshes and a little, undisturbed fire field. Game and nature trail. Directions: Drive route E20 north 3 km from Mariestad. Take a left toward Torsö, over Torsö bridge and on for circa 5 km towards Brommö, past the entrance to Fågelö farm. After a further circa 250 m, a road sign, take a left towards Hattareviksbadet. Follow the road circa 2 km to car park.
3. TALLGRANEN, Torsö, Mariestad municipality (58.8318/13.7594). Pines with live spruce branches. The only known example in the county. Directions: Drive route E20 north 3 km from Mariestad. Take a left towards Torsö, drive over Torsö bridge and on circa 6 km towards Brommö. At Risa (two large dwelling houses on the right side) take a right at the road sign. Follow the forest track for circa 4 km.
4. BREDBERGSMOSSEN, Fåleberg, Mariestads municipality (58.8094/13.9198). 1.6 ha. Undrained peat bog with old thick-trunked pine forest. Directions: Drive route E20 north 3 km from Mariestad. Take a left towards Torsö. After circa 5 km take a right towards Ängarna. Drive 2.5 km, take a left at the road sign. Follow the forest track for circa 2.5 km. Car park.
5. UNDENÄS FURUSKOG, Karlsborgs municipality (58.6646/14.4284). 1.3 ha. Old, tall, thick-trunked pine forest. Directions: From Undenäs community, drive the road towards Tived. After circa 2.5 km, take a right at the road sign.
6. FORSHEMS GAMMELSKOG, Götene municipality (58.6203/13.4808). 10.5 ha. Old coniferous forest that has developed freely. Directions: From Götene, drive the road towards Hällekis. At the crossroads Forshem-Gössäter, drive straight on towards Hällekis. After circa 150 m take a left. There is a road sign and car park.
7. OXHAGEN, Berg, Skövde municipality (58.4965/13.7967). 2.9 ha. Old pasture land with oaks and lime trees forming part of Berg’s meadow. Directions: From Skövde, drive route 48 towards Mariestad. After 5 km take a left towards Säter and Timmersdala. After a further 6 km take a left at Övertorp towards Berg. After circa 1.5 km there is a road sign and car park on the left side.
8. TIBRO GAMMELPRÄSTSKOG. Tibro municipality (58.4155/14.2206). 7.5 ha. A deep stream gorge with marshland and an old, tall, thick-trunked coniferous forest. Directions: From Tibro, drive the road out towards Rankås recreational area. After 2.5 km, take a right at the road sign. Car park.
9. FÅGELÅS EKHAGE, N Fågelås. Hjo municipality (58.2666/14.2674).10.5 ha. Oak pasture with thick-trunked oak trees which have been restored after earlier overgrowth. Directions: From Hjo drive south circa 13 km. Take a left towards N Fågelås church. At the entrance to the church, there is a road sign, take a right. Pass the church and take a left. Car park.
10. FRÖJEREDS GAMMELSKOG, Tidaholms municipality (58.2432/14.0105). 0.6 ha. Old pine forest. Directions: From Todaholm, drive towards Fröjered. After circa 8 km, before the community, take a left. There is a road sign and car park.
11. GULLÄNGEN, Broddetorp, Falköpings municipality (58.2982/13.6260). 30.2 ha. Diverse area. Burial mounds, remains of stone circles, ancient fields, alder swamp, old beech forest and old oaks. Plentiful spring flora. Directions: Take the road Varnhem-Broddetorp. Just before Broddetorp community, take a left towards Stenstorp. After circa 500 m take a left towards Botorp. Follow the road for circa 1.5 km. There is a car park on the right. A signpost and path to the left of the road to Gullängen.
12. RÅDA ALSKOG, Lidköpings municipality (58.4974/13.0820). 5 ha. Swamp with alder and spruce. Directions: Drive from Lidköping on route 44 towards Vänersborg. After circa 3 km take a right to Råda church. After the church, take a left and drive 150 m to Rådagården’s car park. From here there is a marked walking path of circa 400 m to the reserve.
13. SKALUNDA HÖG, Lidköpings municipåality (58.5523/13.0029). 5.8 ha. Cultural pastures with Skalunda mound – a burial mound from 700 AD. Directions: Drive from Lidköping on route 44 towards Vänersborg. After circa 3 km take a right to Råda Church and on to Skalunda church circa 10 km. The burial mound lies immediately beyond the church.
14. BOCKARMEN, Strö, Lidköpings municipality (58.6245/13.0847). 19.1 ha. Old pastures situated on a peninsula in Kållands inner archipelago. Old oaks and lime trees with rich moss and lichen flora. Directions lake route: From Ullersund’s bridge, go west, through Lake Vänsjö, past Vänsjölandet, Hästholmen and in to Kävelstocken. Directly west lies Spår island where Bockarmen is a peninsula situated on the island’s north east side. In the north part of Bockarmen there are moorings by an information sign. Distance from Ullesunds bridge circa 6 km. Directions land route: Drive from Lidköping towards Läckö. After 5 km take a left towards Strö, past Strö church and on to the single track road, pass the boat harbour, drive over the bridge and on to Spär island circa 800 m to the intersection. There is a road sign here. Park the car. Follow the forest track by bicycle or on foot circa 3.5 km.
15. RÅDHUSGRUNDEN, Traneberg, Lidköpings municipality (58.6688/13.0860). Foundations of Lidköping’s first town house which originated as a summer house. Directions: Drive from Lidköping towards Läckö. Take a left after 16 km toward St. Marie chapel. Pass the chapel and Traneberg farm. After 150 m take a left. Follow the forest track circa 2.5 km to the end of the road. Car park.
16. SPIKENS GAMMELSKOG, Kållandsö, Lidköpings municipality (58.6889/13.1950). 10 ha. Pine-dominated ancient mixed conifer forest. One of the oldest “undisturbed” forests within the Lidköping municipality. Directions: Drive from Lidköping towards Läckö. Take a left after 18 km to Spiken’s fishing location. At the harbour area take a left. After circa 100 m there is a road sign and car park.
17. URSTEN, Fåglavik, Herrljunga municipality (58.1120/13.0908). 5.7 ha. Unusually large boulder, situated in a rugged heavy boulder forest area, rich in old, dead thick-trunked trees. Directions: Drive from Herrljunga on route 183 towards Fristad. Take a left after 2 km towards Floby. After a further 5 km take a left towards Fåglavik. Take a left towards Finntorp immediately after the community by the road sign. Follow the forest track circa 1.5 km, take a right and drive to the end of the road.
18. RAMMELDALEN, Bredared, Borås municipality (57.8065/12.8523). 1.5 ha. Scree and steep mountainsides with unusually rich moss and lichen flora. Inaccessible area. Directions: Drive from Borås, route 180 towards Alingsås. Take a right after 5 km towards Bredared. Take a left in Bredared towards Hjälmryd and Boda. After circa 2 km take a left towards Hjortsberg. Follow the road for circa 3.5 km, through the village and a further 1.5 km. Pass two adjacent farms and a speed bump, take a left at the road sign into a forest track and drive circa 700m.
19. BREDAREDS EKHAGE, Borås municipality (57.8068/12.8990). 3 ha. Traditional old oak pasture with thick-trunked solitary oaks. Rich spring flora. Directions: Drive from Borås on route 180 towards Alingsås. Take a right after 5 km towards Bredared. In Bredared, take a left towards Hjälmryd and Boda. Opposite Bredared’s church is a road sign and car park.
20. MADA GAMMELSKOG, Dalsjöfors, Borås municipality (57.7526/13.1160). 2 ha. Very thick-trunked and old coniferous forest with spruces that are over 35 m high. Directions: Drive from Borås on route 40 towards Jönköping. Take a right after circa 12 km towards Dalsjöfors. After 1 km there is a road sign, take a left towards Äspered. Take a left after circa 300 m and follow the road for circa 400 m to the reserve.
21. MÖRTSJÖÅSEN, Bottnaryd, Jönköpings municipality (57.7790/13.8232). 25 ha. A coniferous forest area with old, thick-trunked pine woods. Three smaller lakes with stocked game fish. Fishing permit sales. Camping grounds and wind shelters for overnight stays. Directions: Drive from Bottnaryds community towards Bjurbäck. Take a right immediately outside the community at the road sign opposite Västersjön lake. Drive circa 200 km to the car park.
22. PROSTATALLEN Bottnaryd, Jönköpings municipality (57,7690/13,7982).
Circa 500-year-old, living pine which is believed to be one of Sweden’s thickest trunked. Directions: Drive from Jönköping on route 40 towards Borås. After passing route 185 towards Mullsjö, continue for a further 2 km past Bottnaryds community. Take a left at Klerefors where there is a road sign. After 100 m there is a car park and here you can see the impressive pines!
23. SÄNKEMOSSEN, Valdshult, Gislaveds municipality (57.5162/13.7329). 10.9 ha. Old coniferous forest stock (150-180 years-old) with rich lichen and moss flora. There are several charcoal pits in the area, as well as coal huts of the time. There is an occurrence of low stone mounds. Directions: Drive from Jönköping on route 40 towards Borås. Take a left immediately before Bottnaryd and drive route 26 (“Nissastigen”) towards Halmstad. After circa 35 km, immediately before Öreryd, take a left towards Valdshult. Take a left after circa 3.5 km at the sign. Follow the forest track 1.5 km to the hunting lodge.
24. SPAAFORS, Jönköpings municipality (57.6568/13.7960). Ancient saw mill, power station, smithy as well as beautiful countryside at Nissan. Directions: Drive route 26 from Bottnaryd towards Unnaryd. Take a right towards Valgårda and the diocese reserve. Follow the signs to the reserve.
The coordinates pinpoint the position of the signs on the diocese reserves. They are in the format WGS 84 (degrees)