Information in English
Church of Sweden is continuously monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak and following information mainly from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (UD) and the Swedish Public Health Agency. Advice and recommendations from these public authorities are being continuously updated.
With the government’s ban on public gatherings of 50 people or more, we are limiting the number of worshipers to services.
• Go home if you feel ill or have cold symptoms
• Keep your distance from others when sitting in pews
• Do not hug or shake hands with others
Each Sunday you can watch that week’s service from home in Swedish.
Would you like:
Help shopping? To talk to someone over the phone? A companion and safe company when taking a walk?
The Swedish Church in Umeå is taking these measures based on the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Sweden and the guidelines issued by the Church of Sweden at the national level and the Luleå Diocese.
More information about the coronavirus and the illness COVID-19 is available at 1177 Vårdguiden and on the Public Health Agency’s website.
Please see the following links for further infromation and updates
- The latest information about the coronavirus – WHO website
- The latest information from European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- Frequently Asked questions – Swedish Public Health Agency website
- The latest information about the coronavirus and its spread – Swedish Public Health Agency website(In Swedish)