We have undertaken to constantly improve quality of our international mission and diaconia activities and our accountability towards our stakeholders: our partners, target groups, donors, volunteers and the public. We implement with a rights and faith based perspective, principled humanitarian action and development effectiveness.
Together with our partners, we have a mutual desire to be accountable to communities living in vulnerable situations. This includes ensuring that people are involved in the work and the decision that affect them.
We also focus on improving the quality of our partnership, through ensuring that partner churches and organisations participate in our decision making processes through meetings, consultations, continuous dialogue, correspondence and partner surveys.
Quality and Accountability Commitments:
To achieve quality and accountability in our work, the Church of Sweden is committed to:
- Human rights based approach
- Gender mainstreaming
- Promoting environmental sustainability
- Equal and mutually accountable partnership
- Efficient, results-based and approrpiate response and to do no harm
- Transparency and participation
- Handling complaints
- Be a learning organisation
- Staff care and competency
- The Church of Sweden national level Code of Conduct
- The Church of Sweden’s International work Code of conduct
- Swedish requirements under the Swedish Fundraising Council,
- Swedish Fundraising Control
- Swedish Public access to information principle
See our Quality and accountability framework for further information on how we implement our quality and accountability work together with partners.
Read more about how to make complaints
Read more about partner collaborations